Developing Expertise & Leadership in Primary Languages
Audience: MFL coordinators, subject leaders and class teachers wishing to develop their expertise in Primary Languages
Date: 27th January and 7th July 2022
Time: 9.30am – 3.30pm (27th January) and 1pm – 4pm (7th July)
Venue: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Cavendish Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 2NL
Cost: £90 per person
Facilitated by: Susanne Wilson, Primary Languages Network
Teachers come with a broad range of experience in teaching languages in the Primary Classroom. In a friendly and collaborative environment, teachers at every level of experience will be able to share ideas, ask questions, gain advice and leave feeling motivated and energised to teach Primary Languages.
Topics to include:
- Creative language learning – motivating pupils no matter what your level of language. From non-specialist classroom teachers with a little language to those with a background in language learning
- Assessment in Primary Languages and incorporating the 12 DfE attainment targets into your lessons
- Practical teaching ideas to take away and use the next day, week and coming months
- Raising the profile of Primary Languages in your school.
- The role of the Subject Coordinator